Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Muddiest Point Two

The thing that I really wanted to know more about during this class was digitization. I think out of everything that we learned on Tuesday, digitization was the most important subject for future librarians/archivists. To be quite frank, I really was not very interested in the first half of the class, it simply just is not my thing. I really would have preferred to have taken the time used to explain basic computer usage/parts and focused instead more on digitization. I know that we are encouraged to discuss this topic on the discussion board, but I would have liked to have heard it in class rather than from several students who might not actually know what they are talking about. The discussion would have been more focused in class, and information could have been provided that would be important for our future careers. Maybe I am asking for too much, and maybe we will talk about this more later on in the semester, or in another class.

No comments: